I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Niraj Manubhai Desai, M.D.
Surgical Director, Kidney and Prancreas Transplant
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Languages: English, Gujarati
Expertise: Abdominal Surgery, Kidney Transplant, Pancreas Transplant, Pancreatic Auto Islet Transplant, Transplant Medicine, Transplant Surgery, Vascular Surgery ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
A transplant surgeon specializing in abdominal transplantation, Dr. Desai previously worked at Washington University in St. Louis, MO. His special interests include kidney transplantation in adults and children, as well as pancreas and pancreatic islet transplantation....read more
- Surgical Director, Kidney and Prancreas Transplant
- Assistant Professor of Surgery
Departments / Divisions
- Surgery - Transplant Surgery
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine (1993)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / General Surgery (2000)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Transplant Surgery (2002)
- American Board of Surgery / Surgery (2002)
Videos & Media
About Pancreas and Kidney Transplant Surgery
Pancreas and Pancreas/Kidney Transplant
Kidney Transplant: Antara's Story
Using Hepatitis C-Infected Kidneys in Transplantation: EXPANDER Study FAQs
A Tale of Two Trials
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Video: A Tale of Two Trials (Oct. 23, 2018)
Doctors Tried Transplants Using Diseased Organs. One Year Later, the Recipients Are Still Disease-Free, Time (March 5, 2018)