I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Shaker Maurice Eid, M.B.A., M.D.
Research Director, Division of Hospital Medicine
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Arabic, French
Expertise: Internal Medicine
Research Interests: Lean Sigma Application in Healthcare; Patient Centered Outcomes Research; Acute Coronary Syndrome; Arrhythmias; Cardiac Arrest/Resuscitation
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore, MD 21224
Shaker M. Eid, M.D., joined the Division of Hospital Medicine at Johns Hopkins Bayview in 2008 and in 2010 became Director of Research for the Division. Since then, while maintaining his role as Research Director, he has led the Division to grow exponentially in research caliber.
In 2011, he was awarded the prestigious Scott Wright Award for Excellence in Research at Hopkins. In 2013, the American Heart Association recognized his contributions to the field of Resuscitation through the Young Investigator Award in Resuscitation Science.
Dr. Eid has broad interests in application of lean-sigma concepts in healthcare for quality improvement, patient centered outcomes research, acute coronary syndrome, and resuscitation from cardiac arrest.
Dr. Eid is a Senior Fellow of the Society of Hospital Medicine and a member of the Society of Hospital Medicine National Research Committee. Dr. Eid is also a Professional Member of the American Heart Association and the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation Science.
Dr. Eid is an active researcher with more than 60 articles, editorials, expert opinion pieces and abstracts.
- Research Director, Division of Hospital Medicine
- Research Director, Collaborative Inpatient Medicine Service (CIMS) at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, American University of Beirut Faculty of Medicine (2003)
- Medstar Union Memorial Hospital / Internal Medicine (2008)
- Clinical Research Design and Conduct, National Institute of Health
- Lean Sigma Prescription For Healthcare Green Belt, Johns Hopkins Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Albaeni A, Chandra-Strobos N, Vaidya D, Eid SM. Predictors of Early Care Withdrawal Following Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. Resuscitation. 2014 Nov;85(11):1455-61.
Johnson AE, Winner L, Simmons T, Eid SM, Hody R, Sampedro A, Augustine S, Sylvester C, Parakh K. Using Innovative Methodologies From Technology and Manufacturing Companies to Reduce Heart Failure Readmissions. Am J Med Qual. 2014 Dec 15. [SI/QI]
Albaeni A, Eid SM, Akinyele B, Narayan Kurup L, Vaidya D, Chandra-Strobos N. The association between post resuscitation hemoglobin level and survival with good neurological outcome following out of hospital cardiac arrest. Resuscitation. 2016 Feb;99:7-12.
Beydoun HA, Beydoun MA, Jeng HA, Zonderman AB, Eid SM. Bisphenol-A and Sleep Adequacy among Adults in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Surveys. Sleep. 2016 Feb 1;39(2):467-76.
Eid SM, Albaeni A, Vaidya D, Chandra-Strobos N. Time Course of Neuro-awakening in Cardiac Arrest Survivors Following Induced Hypothermia: Is it the Definitions or the Therapies? Resuscitation. 2016 Mar;100:38-44.
Activities & Honors
- Senior Fellow in Hospital Medicine (SFHM)
- American Heart Association RESS Young Investigator Award - recognizes the top scoring abstracts submitted by early career investigators in cardiac and trauma resuscitation science, American Heart Association, Dallas TX, 2013
- Finalist Award - Northwestern University Young Cardiovascular Investigators Forum (by invitation only), Northwestern University, Chicago IL, 2011
- Scott Wright Award For Excellence in Research - A yearly award given for one outstanding researcher, Johns Hopkins University, Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine, 2011
- Shining Star Award - Service Excellence, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, 2010
- Society of Hospital Medicine- SHM, 2009
- American Heart Association - AHA, 2007
- American College of Physicians - ACP, 2007 - 2011