I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Melania Maria Bembea, M.D., M.P.H., Ph.D.
Director, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Clinical Research Program
Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
Languages: English, French, Hungarian, Romanian
Expertise: Anesthesiology, Critical Care, Critical Care Medicine
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St. The Charlotte R. Bloomberg Children's Center Building, Suite 6318B Baltimore, MD 21287
Johns Hopkins Pediatrics
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 443-997-5437
200 N. Wolfe Street Rubenstein Child Health Building Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Melania M. Bembea is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and critical care medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. She holds a joint appointment in the Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Bembea is a pediatric anesthesiologist and critical care medicine specialist. In addition to her clinical responsibilities, she serves as director of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Clinical Research Program at Johns Hopkins Children’s Center.
She earned her medical degree at Romania’s Iuliu Hațieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy. She completed a pediatrics residency at Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital and a pediatric critical care medicine fellowship at Johns Hopkins. She also holds an M.P.H. from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
Dr. Bembea is certified in both pediatrics and pediatric critical care medicine by the American Board of Pediatrics.
- Director, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Clinical Research Program
- Associate Professor of Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics
Centers & Institutes
- MD, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu hatieganu (2000)
- The Childrens Hospital at the Cleveland Clinic / Pediatrics (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (2009)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatric Critical Care Medicine (2010)
- American Board of Pediatrics / Pediatrics (2006)