I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Tariq Shafi, M.B.B.S., M.H.S.
Core Faculty, Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research
Associate Professor of Medicine
Expertise: Hemodialysis, Hypertension, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Peritoneal Dialysis
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2820
301 Mason Lord Drive
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Tariq Shafi is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of expertise include nephrology, hemodialysis, hypertension and internal medicine.
He earned his medical degree (M.B.B.S.) at Dow Medical College in Pakistan. He completed Internal Medicine residency at Wayne State University School of Medicine followed by a fellowship in nephrology at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- Core Faculty, Welch Center for Prevention, Epidemiology, and Clinical Research
- Medical Director of Home Hemodialysis
- Associate Professor of Medicine
Centers & Institutes
- MBBS, Dow Medical College Dow University of Health Sciences (1990)
- Medicare Hospital / Internal Medicine (1992)
- Wayne State University School Of Medicine / Internal Medicine (1996)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Nephrology (2008)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Nephrology (2008)
Research & Publications
Dr. Shafi’s research focuses on epidemiology, prevention and treatment of cardiovascular disease in patients with kidney failure treated with dialysis.
Activities & Honors
- Discovery Fund Synergy Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2014
- Discovery Fund Innovation Award, Johns Hopkins University, 2016