I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Wendy Bennett, M.D., M.P.H.
Wendy Lynet Bennett, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Diabetes, Infectious Disease, Internal Medicine, Obesity, Preventive Medicine, Women's Health
Research Interests: Obesity; Diabetes; Women''s health
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-5633
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Bennett practices all aspects of primary care medicine, including preventive care and coordiantion of care with other specialists. She has particular interests in weight management and women's health care. She sees patients at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center.
Dr. Bennett is an Assistant Professor in the Division of General Internal Medicine, with joint appointments at The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School (2003)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Internal Medicine (2006)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / General Internal Medicine (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2006)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Jarlenski MP, Bennett WL, Barry CL, Bleich SN. Insurance Coverage and Prenatal Care Among Low-Income Pregnant Women: An Assessment of States' Adoption of the "Unborn Child" Option in Medicaid and CHIP. Med Care. 2014 Jan;52(1):10-9. doi: 10.1097/MLR.0000000000000020. PMID: 24316870
- Mongraw-Chaffin ML, Anderson CM, Clark JM, Bennett WL. Association of pre-pregnancy body mass index with cardiovascular disease mortality: The child health and development studies. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Oct 4. doi: 10.1002/oby.20633. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24124023
- Gadgil MD, Chang HY, Richards TM, Gudzune KA, Huizinga MM, Clark JM, Bennett WL. Laboratory Testing for and Diagnosis of Nutritional Deficiencies in Pregnancy Before and After Bariatric Surgery. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2013 Oct 8. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24102519
- Bennett WL, Gudzune KA, Appel LJ, Clark JM. Insights from the POWER Practice-Based Weight Loss Trial: A Focus Group Study on the PCP's Role in Weight Management. J Gen Intern Med. 2013 Sep 4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 24002616
- Bleich SN, Gudzune KA, Bennett WL, Jarlenski MP, Cooper LA. How does physician BMI impact patient trust and perceived stigma? Prev Med. 2013 Aug;57(2):120-4. doi: 10.1016/j.ypmed.2013.05.005. Epub 2013 Jun 4. PMID: 23743418
- Block LD, Jarlenski MP, Wu AW, Bennett WL. Mammography use among women ages 40-49 after the 2009 U.S. Preventive Services Task Force recommendation. J Gen Intern Med. 2013 Nov;28(11):1447-53. doi: 10.1007/s11606-013-2482-5. Epub 2013 May 15. PMID: 23674077
- Bennett WL, Liu SH, Yeh HC, Nicholson WK, Gunderson EP, Lewis CE, Clark JM. Changes in weight and health behaviors after pregnancies complicated by gestational diabetes mellitus: the CARDIA study. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Jun;21(6):1269-75. doi: 10.1002/oby.20133. Epub 2013 May 13. PMID: 23666593
- Jarlenski MP, Gudzune KA, Bennett WL, Cooper LA, Bleich SN. Insurance coverage for weight loss: overweight adults' views. Am J Prev Med. 2013 May;44(5):453-8. doi: 10.1016/j.amepre.2013.01.021. PMID: 23597807
- Bennett WD, Laube BL, Corcoran T, Zeman K, Sharpless G, Thomas K, Wu J, Mogayzel PJ Jr, Pilewski J, Donaldson S. Multisite comparison of mucociliary and cough clearance measures using standardized methods. J Aerosol Med Pulm Drug Deliv. 2013 Jun;26(3):157-64. doi: 10.1089/jamp.2011.0909. Epub 2013 Mar 21. PMID: 23517172
- Rubin RR, Peyrot M, Wang NY, Coughlin JW, Jerome GJ, Fitzpatrick SL, Bennett WL, Dalcin A, Daumit G, Durkin N, Chang YT, Yeh HC, Louis TA, Appel LJ. Patient-reported outcomes in the practice-based opportunities for weight reduction (POWER) trial. Qual Life Res. 2013 Nov;22(9):2389-98. doi: 10.1007/s11136-013-0363-3. Epub 2013 Mar 21. PMID: 23515902