I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Sumeska Thavarajah, M.D.
Medical Director, Fresenius Kidney Care Merritt Boulevard
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-0670
4940 Eastern Avenue Baltimore, MD 21224
Dr. Sumeska Thavarajah is an assistant professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of expertise include nephrology.
Dr. Thavarajah earned her M.D. at Wayne State University School of Medicine. She completed her residency at the University of Connecticut Health Center and performed nephrology fellowships at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and the University of Connecticut Health Center.
She serves as chair of the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland’s Medical Advisory Board. She was recognized by the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland with a Linda Cameron Award for Patient Services in 2015.
- Medical Director, Fresenius Kidney Care Merritt Boulevard
- Medical Director, Fresenius Kidney Care Eastern Avenue
- Medical Director, Acute Unit, Fresenius Kidney Care Bayview
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- MD, Wayne State University School Of Medicine (1998)
- UConn John Dempsey Hospital / Internal Medicine (2001)
- UConn John Dempsey Hospital (2001)
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center / Nephrology (2005)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2001)
Academic Affiliations & Courses
Courses and Syllabi
Nephrology Elective (Consultation Service),
Activities & Honors
- Linda Cameron Award for Patient Services, National Kidney Foundation of Maryland, 2015
- Chair, Medical Advisory Board, National Kidney Foundation of Maryland, 2014
- Member, Task Force on Women's Academic Careers in Medicine, The Johns Hopkins Department of Medicine, 2012