I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Christopher James Hoffmann, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Languages: English, German
Expertise: HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease
Research Interests: Care delivery primarily in low and middle income settings; Clinical management of HIV and TB
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Rockland Physician Practice and Research Group
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-583-2900
10751 Falls Road Falls Concourse Suite 412 Lutherville, MD 21093
Phone: 410-583-2919 | Fax: 410-583-2654
Dr. Christopher Hoffmann's primary appointment is in the Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases. His areas of clinical expertise include HIV/AIDS and infectious diseases.
Dr. Hoffmann earned his M.D. and M.P.H. from Oregon Health and Sciences University. He completed his residency at Johns Hopkins and performed a fellowship in infectious diseases at Johns Hopkins.
His research interests include care delivery and care utilization, in low- and middle-income settings (mostly Africa), and clinical management of HIV and TB.
Dr. Hoffmann is a member of several professional organizations, including the American College of Physicians and the Infectious Diseases Society of America.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, Oregon Health and Sciences University School of Medicine (2002)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Medicine (2005)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Infectious Diseases (2009)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (2005)
Activities & Honors
- American College of Physicians
- Infectious Diseases Society of America
- HIV Medical Association
an organization of medical professionals who practice HIV medicine
- Southern African HIV Clinicians Society
a membership organization of over 3,000 health care workers with an interest in HIV
- International Association of Physicians in AIDS Care
an organization representing HIV-treating physicians and allied healthcare professionals worldwide