I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Abhay Moghekar, M.B.B.S.
Abhay Rajeshwar Moghekar, M.B.B.S.
Research Director, Cerebrospinal Fluid Center, Department of Neurology
Associate Professor of Neurology
Languages: English, Hindi, Marathi
Expertise: Alzheimer's Disease (AD), Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Leaks, CSF Otorrhea, CSF Rhinorrhea, Dementia, Intracranial Hypertension, Neurology, Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus, Pseudotumor Cerebri, Spontaneous Intracranial Hypotension, Venous Sinus Stenosis ...read more
Research Interests: Disorders of Cerebrospinal Fluid
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-550-5624
301 Mason Lord Drive Baltimore, MD 21224
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-9441
601 N. Caroline St. Baltimore, MD 21287
The Johns Hopkins Hospital
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-7482
600 N. Wolfe Street Phipps Suite 126 Baltimore, MD 21287
Phone: 410-955-7482 | Fax: 410-955-9126
Dr. Abhay Moghekar focuses on disorders of cerebrospinal fluid physiology like normal pressure hydrocephalus, obstructive hydrocephalus, congenital hydrocephalus, pseudotumor cerebri, CSF otorhhea, CSF rhinorrhea, intracranial hypotension due to spinal CSF leaks and peri-operative management of patients undergoing repair of CSF otorrhea and rhinorrhea.
His research interests include identifying biomarkers of neurodegenerative disorders including Alzheimer's disease and Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus.
- Research Director, Cerebrospinal Fluid Center, Department of Neurology
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
- Associate Professor of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- MBBS, Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College (1996)
- King Edward Memorial Hospital / Internal Medicine (1998)
- MedStar Harbor Hospital Center / Internal Medicine (2000)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (2003)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Clinical Neurophysiology (2004)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Neurology (2005)
Research & Publications
Dr. Abhay Moghekar's research interests focus on understanding the causes of normal pressure hydrocephalus, pseudotumor cerebri, intracranial pressure dynamics and the role of cerebrospinal fluid in Alzheimer's disease.
Activities & Honors
- American Academy of Neurology
Videos & Media
Patient Video: Pseudotumor Cerebri - Ashley's Story
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
Recorded Webinar "Pseudotumor Cerebri: What You Need to Know" (March 2016)
Holistic Treatment for CSF Disorders, NeuroLogic (Fall 2015)
Johns Hopkins, Cincinnati Children's launch PHR app for hydrocephalus, MobiHealthNews (10/28/2015)
Comprehensive Treatment for CSF Disorders Johns Hopkins Bayview Health & Wellness (Feb 1, 2016)