I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Kristiina SLR Altman, M.D., Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Languages: English, Finnish, German, Swedish
Expertise: Gynecology, Gynecology and Obstetrics, Infertility , Menopause, Obstetrics, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Pregnancy and Childbirth, Women's Reproductive Health ...read more
Research Interests: Infertility
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Medicine - White Marsh
Appointment Phone: 443-997-0400
4924 Campbell Boulevard
Nottingham, MD 21236 map
Kristiina Altman, M.D., is committed to her philosophy that every well-woman visit is a special, private moment for the patient and physician, and an opportunity to promote a healthy lifestyle and preventive care. Her clinical and research interests focus on male hormone overproduction conditions (hyperandrogenism) in women, such as polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCO) and excessive hair growth (hirsutism). Dr. Altman also enjoys general obstetrics and treating patients with infertility.
An assistant professor of gynecology and obstetrics at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Dr. Altman has a strong desire to teach and educate medical residents. She has served as a professor at the University of Maryland Medical Center and Mercy Hospital. She now is director of the OB/GYN Residency Program at Johns Hopkins Bayview.
Dr. Altman is board-certified in reproductive endocrinology, infertility and general obstetrics.
- Assistant Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Medical Faculty University of Turku (1980)
- Medical Faculty University of Turku / Obstetrics and Gynecology (1987)
- University of Maryland Medical Center / Obstetrics and Gynecology (1999)
- Medical Faculty University of Turku / Obstetrics and Gynecology (1991)
- University of Maryland School of Nursing (1996)
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology / OB/GYN-General (2001)