I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Raman G Chahal, M.B.B.S., M.D., M.P.H.
Medical Director, Intensive Psychiatric Services Clinic at Bayview
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Languages: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-0018
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
- Medical Director, Intensive Psychiatric Services Clinic at Bayview
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Government Medical College (1973)
- Christian Medical College Punjab University / Psychiatry (1976)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Psychiatry (1980)
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health (1982)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Psychiatry (1986)
Research & Publications
- Intensive outpatient treatment for stabilization and prevention of hospitalization in the acutely ill psychiatric patient
- Ethnic psychiatry: Options for provision of psychiatric treatment and outreach to the underserved Indian and Southeast Asian population
- Impact of psychiatric illness and substance abuse on highway driver safety
- Romanoski A, Nestadt G, Chahal R, Gruenberg E, and McHugh PR. (Feb. 1988). Interobserver Reliability of "Standardized Psychiatric Examination" (SPE) for Case Ascertainment (DSM-III). Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 176(2): 63-71.
- Folstein MF, Romanoski A, Chahal R, Anthony JC, Von Korff M, Nestadt G, Merchant A, Gruenberg EM, and Kramer M. (1985). Eastern Baltimore Mental Health Survey Clinical Reappraisal. InEpidemiology Field Methods in Psychiatry (Eaton WW and Kessler LG, eds). Chapter 12, Pp. 253-284. Orlando, FL: Academic Press, Inc.
- Folstein M, Romanoski A, Nestadt G, Chahal R, Merchant A, Shapiro S, Kramer M, Anthony J, Gruenberg E, McHugh P. (1985). Brief Report on the Clinical Reappraisal of the DIS Carried Out at the Johns Hopkins Site of the Epidemiological Catchment Area Program of the NIMH. Psychological Medicine. 15(4): 809-814.
- Anthony J, Folstein M, Romanoski A, Von Korff M, Nestadt G, Chahal R, Merchant A, Brown CH, Shapiro S, Kramer M, Gruenberg E. (1985). Comparison of the Lay Diagonistic Interview Schedule and a Standardized Psychiatric Diagnosis. Archives of General Psychiatry. 42: 667-675.
- Von Korff M, Nestadt G, Romanoski A, Anthony JC, Eaton WW, Merchant A, Chahal R, Kramer M, Folstein MF, Gruenberg EM. (1985). The Prevalence of Treated and Untreated DSM-III Schizophrenia: REsults of a two stage community survey. Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease. 173(10): 577-581.