- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Assistant Professor of Neurology
Adam Ian Kaplin, M.D., Ph.D.
Adult Psychiatry, AIDS Psychiatry, Multiple Sclerosis, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
1. Investigating the biological basis of depression and cognitive impairment in autoimmune CNS diseases such as Multiple Sclerosis.
2. Developing novel treatments for depression that prevent the potential suicidality that has been associated with SSRI's and led to their black box warning.
3. Testing a novel treatment for cognitive impairment in MS by first testing it in an animal model of MS (i.e. EAE).
4. Developing a bioassay to predict responses in the use of High Dose Cyclophosphamide, which has shown unprecedented results in restoring function and stopping disease activity in pilot studies in MS.
5. Developing a novel technology to monitor patients subjective mental phenomena (e.g. mood, anxiety, pain, sleep, etc) in the outpatient setting.
6. Development and testing of an automated mHealth system to study suicide crisis interventions and link individuals to care.