I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Jairo E Garcia, M.D.
Director, IVF Program Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
Associate Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Languages: English, Spanish
Expertise: Adolescent Fertility Preservation, Clomid Resistance, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Elevated Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Endometriosis, Fertility before and after Cancer Treatment, Fibroids, Gynecology and Obstetrics, In Vitro Fertilization, Infertility , Male Factor Infertility, Ovarian Cysts, Pelvic Adhesions, Pelvic Mass, Polycystic Ovarian Disease, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Reproductive Endocrinology, Tubal Disease ...read more
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Green Spring Station
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-616-7140
10753 Falls Road Pavilion II Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
Phone: 410-583-2753 | Fax: 410-583-2767
Jairo Garcia, MD., Associate Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics at Johns Hopkins, was born in Colombia South America. Dr. Garcia graduated from the University of Antioquia Medical School in 1968 with a medical degree in Obstetrics and Gynecology. In 1976 he completed his fellowship in Reproductive Medicine at Johns Hopkins under the mentorship of Howard W. Jones, Jr. and Georgeanna Segar Jones.
In 1979 Dr. Garcia was recruited by Dr. Howard W. Jones, Jr. to be part of the pioneer team at Eastern Virginia Medical School where the first IVF program was developed.
In 1985 Dr. Garcia became the Director of The Fertility Center & IVF program at Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) where he created the largest and one of the most successful IVF programs in the country. During his Directorship, he developed numerous IVF protocols for ovulation induction, and trained many residents and fellows in reproductive endocrinology, who are now practicing IVF medicine.
Dr. Garcia returned to Johns Hopkins in 1997 as Director of The Johns Hopkins Fertility Center and IVF Program where he remains presently. Dr. Garcia has assisted in the establishment of more than 30 IVF programs around the world.
- Director, IVF Program Division of Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Active Staff, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Courtesy Staff, Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
- Advisory Medical Director, Johns Hopkins Medicine International
- Associate Professor of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- MD; Medicine, Antioquia's University of Medical School Faculty Of Medicine (1968)
- Antioquia's University of Medical School Faculty Of Medicine / Obstetrics and Gynecology (1974)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (1976)
Activities & Honors
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology