I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Adriana S de Araujo Andrade, M.D.
Languages: English, Portuguese
Expertise: HIV/AIDS, Infectious Disease
Research Interests: Adherence to antiretroviral therapy; Drug interactions involving antiretrovirals and complementary and alternative medicine agents
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Dr. Adriana Andrade is an associate professor of medicine at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Her areas of clinical expertise include HIV/AIDS and infectious disease.
Dr. Andrade received her M.D. from the University Federal de Minas Gerais in Belo Horizonte, Brazil. She is formally trained in public health and holds an M.P.H. degree from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. She is also board certified in internal medicine and completed a fellowship in clinical pharmacology at Johns Hopkins.
She is a co-principal investigator at the Johns Hopkins AIDS Clinical Trials Unit. She has worked internationally in Brazil, South Africa and India, providing training and giving lectures on drug-drug interactions with antiretroviral agents. She also participated in the development of clinical materials used to standardize delivery of care in local HIV clinics in Pretoria, South Africa. She is involved in the development of educational materials used in resource-poor settings for the management and treatment of HIV/AIDS and its complications. Dr. Andrade is also a clinician at the Moore HIV Clinic at Johns Hopkins.
Her main research interests include adherence to antiretroviral therapy and drug interactions involving antiretrovirals and complementary and alternative medicine agents.
Dr. Andrade is co-founder of the Hopkins Organization for Latino Awareness (HOLA), which aims to improve access and quality of healthcare services for Latino patients in the community. She was honored by the Johns Hopkins Institutions Diversity Leadership Council with a 2013 Diversity Recognition Award.
- MD, Faculdade Ciencas Medicas Minas Gerais (1991)
- MedStar Good Samaritan Hospital / Internal Medicine (1999)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Clinical Pharmacology (2002)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1999)
Research & Publications
Lab Website: Adriana Andrade Lab
Activities & Honors
- Diversity Recognition Award, Johns Hopkins Institutions Diversity Leadership Council, 2013
- Steering Committee, Johns Hopkins Centro SOL, Baltimore, MD
- Leadership Program for Women Faculty, Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD, 2010
- Co-founder, Hopkins Organization for Latino Awareness, Baltimore, MD, 2010
- Optimization of Co-Infection and Co-Morbidity Management Committee, Optimization of Co-Infection and Co-Morbidity Management Committee
- Neurology Committee, AIDS Clinical Trials Group