I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Ingrid E Zimmer-Galler, M.D.
Executive Clinical Director, Office of Telemedicine
Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Languages: English, German
Expertise: Diabetic Retinopathy, Macular Degeneration, Medical Diseases of the Retina, Ophthalmology, Retinal Detachment
Research Interests: Telemedicine; Diabetic retinopathy; Age-related macular degeneration
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Ingrid Zimmer-Galler, M.D., is an associate professor of ophthalmology at the Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute and is the medical director of its Frederick location. Dr. Zimmer-Galler is also the Executive Clinical Director of the Johns Hopkins Office of Telemedicine. She specializes in retinal vascular diseases and vitreoretinal surgery and has led many initiatives in telemedicine involving retinal diseases.
Dr. Zimmer-Galler received her medical degree from Tulane University and completed her residency in ophthalmology at the Mayo Clinic Graduate School of Medicine. She then completed a retina fellowship at the Wilmer Eye Institute before joining the faculty in 1996.
- Executive Clinical Director, Office of Telemedicine
- Chief, Wilmer Eye Institute – Frederick
- Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
Centers & Institutes
- MD, Tulane University School of Medicine (1989)
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education / Ophthalmology (1993)
- American Board of Ophthalmology / Ophthalmology (1994)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- Aerospace Medical Association
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Civil Aviation Medical Association, Board of Trustees
- Flying Physicians Association