I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Daniele Rigamonti, M.D.
Chief of Staff, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
Professor of Neurosurgery
Languages: English, Italian
Dr. Daniele Rigamonti is currently the medical chief of staff for Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare, a joint venture between Johns Hopkins Medicine and Saudi Aramco, a world leader in energy. Its goal is to strengthen the company’s health system and establish population health strategies for Saudi Aramco’s 355,000 employees, beneficiaries and retirees.
- Chief of Staff, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
- Professor of Neurosurgery
- Joint Appointment in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Professor of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
- Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Neurosurgery - Vascular Neurosurgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences - Molecular Radiation Science
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Neuroradiology
- MD; Medicine, Universita Cattolica de Sacro Cuore (1976)
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine / Neurosurgery (1984)
- St Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (1987)
- American Board of Neurological Surgery / Neurological Surgery (1988)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Pujari S, Khakrar S, Rigamonti D, Williams MA: Long term clinical course in patients with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus managed by Cerebrospinal Fluid shunting. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008;79:1282-1286
Feick, D, Sickmond, J, Liu, L, Metellus, P, Williams, MA, Rigamonti, D, Hill-Briggs, F Sensitivity and Predictive Value of Occupational and Physical Therapy Assessments in the Functional Evaluation of Patients with Suspected Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine 2008; 40 (9):715-20
Zhang,J, Basu, S, Rigamonti,D, Dietz,HC, Clatterbuck, RE: Krit1 modulates beta1 integrin-mediated endothelial cell proliferation. Neurosurgery 2008; 40(9):715-20
Ain MC, Chang TL, Schkrohowsky JG, Carlisle ES, Hodor M, Rigamonti D: Rates of perioperative Complications associated with laminectomies in Patients with Achondroplasia. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2008,90:295-298
Ford E, Purger D,Tryggerstad E, McNutt T, Chistodouleas J,Rigamonti D, Shokek O, Won S, Zhou J, Lim M, Wong J, Kleinberg L A virtual frame system for stereotactic Radiosurgery planning Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 2008; 72 (4):1244-49
Anderson WS Rigamonti. Fatal case of intracerebral hemorrhage during Gamma Knife treatment for metastases. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 2008; 110 (8):838-42
Pradilla G, Ardila GP, Hsu W, Rigamonti D: Epidural abscesses of the CNS .Lancet Neurology 2009, 8:292-300
Activities & Honors
- The first Salisbury family Professor of Neurosurgery, 2008
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- American College of Surgeons
- International Society for Hydrocephalus and Cerebrospinal Fluid Disorders.
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- The Society of Neurological Surgery