I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Daniele Rigamonti, M.D.
Chief of Staff, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
Professor of Neurosurgery
Languages: English, Italian
Dr. Daniele Rigamonti is currently the medical chief of staff for Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare, a joint venture between Johns Hopkins Medicine and Saudi Aramco, a world leader in energy. Its goal is to strengthen the company’s health system and establish population health strategies for Saudi Aramco’s 355,000 employees, beneficiaries and retirees.
- Chief of Staff, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
- Professor of Neurosurgery
- Joint Appointment in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Professor of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences
- Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Neurosurgery - Vascular Neurosurgery
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences - Molecular Radiation Science
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Neuroradiology
- MD; Medicine, Universita Cattolica de Sacro Cuore (1976)
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai / Neurosurgery (1984)
- St Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center (1987)
- American Board of Neurological Surgery / Neurological Surgery (1988)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
Pujari S, Khakrar S, Rigamonti D, Williams MA: Long term clinical course in patients with Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus managed by Cerebrospinal Fluid shunting. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2008;79:1282-1286
Feick, D, Sickmond, J, Liu, L, Metellus, P, Williams, MA, Rigamonti, D, Hill-Briggs, F Sensitivity and Predictive Value of Occupational and Physical Therapy Assessments in the Functional Evaluation of Patients with Suspected Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine 2008; 40 (9):715-20
Zhang,J, Basu, S, Rigamonti,D, Dietz,HC, Clatterbuck, RE: Krit1 modulates beta1 integrin-mediated endothelial cell proliferation. Neurosurgery 2008; 40(9):715-20
Ain MC, Chang TL, Schkrohowsky JG, Carlisle ES, Hodor M, Rigamonti D: Rates of perioperative Complications associated with laminectomies in Patients with Achondroplasia. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery 2008,90:295-298
Ford E, Purger D,Tryggerstad E, McNutt T, Chistodouleas J,Rigamonti D, Shokek O, Won S, Zhou J, Lim M, Wong J, Kleinberg L A virtual frame system for stereotactic Radiosurgery planning Int J Radiation Oncology Biol Phys 2008; 72 (4):1244-49
Anderson WS Rigamonti. Fatal case of intracerebral hemorrhage during Gamma Knife treatment for metastases. Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery 2008; 110 (8):838-42
Pradilla G, Ardila GP, Hsu W, Rigamonti D: Epidural abscesses of the CNS .Lancet Neurology 2009, 8:292-300
Activities & Honors
- The first Salisbury family Professor of Neurosurgery, 2008
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS)
- American College of Surgeons
- International Society for Hydrocephalus and Cerebrospinal Fluid Disorders.
- International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- The Society of Neurological Surgery