I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Satomi Kawamoto, M.D.
Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Languages: English, Japanese
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Research Interests: Genitourinary and gastrointestinal imaging; Pancreatic neoplasms; Urolithiasis; Renal and urothelial neoplasms
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 443-997-7237
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2948
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. Satomi Kawamoto is an Associate Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science. She specializes in computed tomography (CT), ultrasound, and image-guided biopsy.
Dr. Kawamoto received her M.D. from Gunma University in Gunma, Japan, and subsequently completed two residencies, one in internal medicine at St. Luke’s International Hospital in Tokyo, and a second in diagnostic radiology at Johns Hopkins. She received a postdoctoral fellowship in cross-sectional imaging at Johns Hopkins, and then joined the Johns Hopkins faculty.
Dr. Kawamoto’s research focuses on body CT and biopsy, particularly imaging of the genitourinary and gastrointestinal systems.
- Associate Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Departments / Divisions
- Radiology and Radiological Science - Diagnostic Radiology
- MD, Gunma Daigaku Igakubu (1988)
- St Lukes International Hospital / Internal Medicine (1991)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1997)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Diagnostic Radiology (1993)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1998)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1997)
Research & Publications
Selected PublicationsView all on Pubmed
- Raman SP, Kawamoto S, Law JK, Blackford A, Lennon AM, Wolfgang CL, Hruban RH, Cameron JL, Fishman EK. "Institutional experience with solid pseudopapillary neoplasms: focus on computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, conventional ultrasound, endoscopic ultrasound, and predictors of aggressive histologys." J Comput Assist Tomogr. 2013 Sep-Oct;37(5):824-33.
- Kawamoto S, Johnson PT, Shi C, Singhi AD, Hruban RH, Wolfgang CL, Edil BH, Fishman EK. "Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor with cystlike changes: evaluation with MDCT." AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Mar; 200(3):W283-90.
- Raman SP, Kawamoto S, Blackford A, Hruban RH, Lennon AM, Wolfgang CL, Rezaee N, Edil B, Fishman EK. "Histopathologic findings of multifocal pancreatic intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms on CT." AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2013 Mar;200(3):563-9
- Lake ST, Johnson PT, Kawamoto S, Hruban RH, Fishman EK. "CT of splenosis: patterns and pitfalls." AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Dec; 199(6):W686-93.
- Kawamoto S, Allaf M, Corl FM, Feng T, Yohannan J, Fishman EK. "Anastomotic leak after robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy: evaluation with MDCT cystography with multiplanar reformatting and 3D displays." AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012 Nov; 199(5):W595-601
Activities & Honors
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1998
- Certificate of Merit, ARRS, 1999
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 2004
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 2005
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 2008
- Certificate of Merit, ARRS, 2003
- Herbert M. Stauffer Award for Best Laboratory Paper published in Academic Radiology, Association of University Radiologists (AUR), 2001
- Radiology Resident-Clinical Fellow Research Award, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 1997