I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Eric Matthew Aldrich, M.D., Ph.D.
Director of Inpatient Neurological Services
Associate Professor of Neurology
Expertise: Cerebrovascular Diseases, Neurology, Stroke
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Medicine - Howard County General Hospital
Appointment Phone: 410-740-7890
5755 Cedar Lane
Columbia, MD 21044 map
Eric Aldrich, M.D., Ph.D. is the director of Inpatient Neurological Services and medical director of the HCGH Stroke Center. He does not currently see patients who are not in the hospital.
At Johns Hopkins, Dr. Aldrich developed The Johns Hopkins Hospital Stroke Center and served as its medical director for 10 years. In addition, he was the physician adviser for the Department of Neurology. Between 2010 and 2016, he served as the vice president of medical affairs at Howard County General Hospital, also helping to establish its local stroke program. Dr. Aldrich is a strong advocate for improving the quality of care and life for stroke patients and their families.
- Director of Inpatient Neurological Services
- Medical Director, HCGH Stroke Center
- Associate Professor of Neurology
- Joint Appointment in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Centers & Institutes
- MD, George Washington University School of Medicine (1991)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Neurology (1995)
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (1997)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Neurology (1999)
Videos & Media
The Stroke Program at Howard County General Hospital
Stroke Diagnosis and Treatment
Stroke Risk Factors and Symptoms
Stroke Symptoms and the Importance of 9-1-1
What Should You do if You Suspect a Stroke?