I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
John Eng, M.D.
Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
Expertise: Diagnostic Radiology
Research Interests: Clinical epidemiology; Evidence-based medicine and radiology; Radiology informatics; Statistical analysis of diagnostic imaging tests
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
Appointment Phone: 410-550-2948
4940 Eastern Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21224 map
Dr. John Eng is a Professor in the Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Radiology and Radiological Science with a joint appointment in the Division of Health Sciences Informatics at the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. His area of clinical expertise is diagnostic radiology.
Dr. Eng received his undergraduate degree from University of Wisconsin and earned his M.D. from University of Wisconsin Medical School. He completed his residency in radiology at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Dr. Eng was a Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Scholar at the National Institutes of Health and a Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholar at Johns Hopkins.
Dr. Eng’s research interests are in the statistical evaluation of diagnostic tests, radiology informatics, and evidence-based radiology.
- Professor of Radiology and Radiological Science
- Joint Appointment in Health Sciences Informatics
- MD, University of Wisconsin Medical School (1990)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1995)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Radiology (1997)
- American Board of Radiology / Diagnostic Radiology (1995)
Research & Publications
Activities & Honors
- ComputerWorld Smithsonian Award, Smithsonian Institution (for contribution to the development of Johns Hopkins Medicine Electronic Patient Record), 1997
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1996
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1997
- Certificate of Merit, RSNA, 1998