I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Linda Ann Lee, M.D.
Chief of Staff, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare.
Associate Professor of Medicine
Research Interests: Gastroparesis; Irritable bowel syndrome; Nutrition
Dr. Linda Lee is board-certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. She received her bachelor's degree in biology from the University of Chicago, graduating with honors. Dr. Lee attended the Pritzker School of Medicine at the University of Chicago. After finishing her internal medicine residency at the University of Pennsylvania in 1991, she completed a gastroenterology fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital. In 1994 she joined the Hopkins faculty, and has remained involved in gastrointestinal and cancer research, teaching, and clinical care. In addition, she is a Fellow of the American Gastroenterological Association, a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, and is the Administrative Editor for Practical Reviews in Gastroenterology. Dr. Lee lectures frequently in the community and to medical students and practitioners.
Dr. Lee spent 13 years in basic science research, studying the function of a cancer protein called Myc in liver cancer. She has published several articles and reviews on her findings. During this time, Dr. Lee led a clinical practice that included the care of complex cancer patients who had liver or gastrointestinal issues. She worked closely with her colleagues at the Johns Hopkins Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center to develop expertise in the diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal complications of stem cell transplantation.
It was her interactions with cancer patients and other individuals with chronic digestive problems that allowed her to recognize the value of integrative medicine. Unfortunately, many chronic conditions exist for which there are presently no cures. But the lack of a cure for these disorders should not prevent a patient from achieving an improved quality of life and sense of well-being. This is how integrative medicine is most helpful, because it is where conventional medical practices and the best of other healing modalities intersect to bring a comprehensive approach to the patient's condition.
Dr. Lee was appointed as Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare (JHAH) chief of staff on September 1, 2017. Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare Company is the result of a joint venture between Saudi Aramco, a world leader in energy, and Johns Hopkins Medicine, one of the world’s leading academic health systems.
- Chief of Staff, Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare.
- Associate Professor of Medicine
- MD, University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine - REGISTRAR (1988)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania / Internal Medicine (1991)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine / Gastroenterology (1994)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Gastroenterology (1993)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1991)
Activities & Honors
- American College of Physicians
- American Gastroenterological Association
Videos & Media
Integrative Medicine: Modern Implications for Ancient Healing
Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine Center
Recent News Articles and Media Coverage
- The Mind Body Connection to a Healthy Life (Video)
- Secrets of Your Colon: The Bottom Line On How To Keep It Healthy (Video)
- Achieving Optimal Digestive Health (Video)
- Now You're Cooking! How Diet Can Improve Cancer Symptoms (Video)
- Integrative Medicine: How Acupuncture, The Mind/Body Connection, Holistic Eating, Chinese Medicine, and Other Modalities Can Help Cancer Survivors During and After Treatment (Video)
- Steps to Sustainable Weight Loss, Inside Tract (Fall 2015)