I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Howard C Hines, M.D.
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Expertise: Dermatology, Melanoma, Psoriasis
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
Johns Hopkins Outpatient Center
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-955-5933
601 N. Caroline St. 8th Floor Baltimore, MD 21287
Dr. Howard Hines is an assistant professor of dermatology at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. His areas of clinical expertise include dermatology, melanoma and psoriasis.
He received his B.A. in biology from Western Maryland College and his M.D. from the University of Maryland School of Medicine. He completed his residency in general internal medicine at Washington Hospital Center and performed a fellowship in dermatology at George Washington University Hospital.
Dr. Hines is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Medical Association, American College of Physicians and American Society of Internal Medicine.
- Assistant Professor of Dermatology
Departments / Divisions
- MD; Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine (1977)
- Medstar Washington Hospital Center / Medicine (1981)
- The George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences / Dermatology (1984)
- American Board of Dermatology / Dermatology (1985)
- American Board of Internal Medicine / Internal Medicine (1982)
Research & Publications
Horn TD, Hines HC. "Erythrophagocytosis in the skin: case report." Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 1988;15:399-403.
Boudreau S, Hines HC, Hood AF. "Dermal abscess with staphylococcus aureus, cytomegalovirus, and acid-fast bacilli in a patient with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome." Journal of Cutaneous Pathology. 1988;15:53-57.
Jawitz JC, Hines HC. "Treatment of eczema herpeticum with systemic acyclovir." Archives of Dermatology. February 1985;121:274-275.
Activities & Honors
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1999
- Department Teaching Award, Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1992
- Resident Teaching Award, Department of Dermatology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 1985
- American Medical Association
- American College of Physicians
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology
- Internal Society of Dermatology
- Medical & Chirurgical Faculty of the State of Maryland
- Wicomico County Medical Society