I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Alan J Romanoski, M.D.
Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Addiction Psychiatry Services, Adult Psychiatry, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Mood Disorders, Psychiatry, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Substance Abuse ...read more
Research Interests: Psychiatrists'' training; Motivated behaviors; Methods of assessment, diagnosis and classification; Psychiatric epidemiology
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
Appointment Phone: 410-955-2018
1800 Orleans St.
Sheikh Zayed Tower
Baltimore, MD 21287 map
- Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (1976)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Psychiatry (1982)
Research & Publications
- Redgrave GW, Swartz KL, Romanoski AJ. Alcohol misuse in women. International Review of Psychiatry 2003; 1 (August): 256-268.
- Romanoski AJ. Dependence on Alcohol or Drugs. In Slavney PR, Hurko O (Eds.): The Primary Care Physician's Guide to Common Psychiatric and Neurologic Problems: Advice on evaluation and treatment from Johns Hopkins. Baltimore, MD, The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2001; 93-127.
- Romanoksi AJ. Alcohol and Drug Dependence. In Stobo JD, Hellman DB, Ladenson PW, Petty BG, Traill TA (Eds.) The Principals and Practice of Medicine, 23rd Edition. E. Stamford, CT, Appleton & Lange, Inc., 1996; 927-936.
- World Health Organization: Wing KJ, Babor T, Bebbington P, Bertelsen A, Brugha T, Chatterji S, Isaac M, Romanoski AJ, Tien AY, Uston TB, Wing LG eds. Schedules for Clinical Assessment in Neuropsychiatry: Version 2.0 Glossary. Washington, D.C., American Psychiatric Press, Inc., 1994.
- Romanoski AJ, Nestadt G, Folstein MF, Chahal R, Merchant A, Brown CH, Gruenberg EM, McHugh Pr. The epidemiology of psychiatrist-ascertained depression and DSM-III depressive disorders: results from Eastern Baltimore Mental Health Survey Clinical Reappraisal. Psychological Medicine 1992; 22 (3): 629-655.