I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Paul R McHugh, M.D.
University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry
Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Expertise: Adult Psychiatry, Neuropsychiatry
Research Interests: Behavioral Research; Psychiatric Education
Request an Appointment
I live in Maryland
Request an appointment through My
I live outside of Maryland
I live outside of the United States
The Johns Hopkins Hospital (Main Entrance)
APPOINTMENT PHONE: 410-502-3150
1800 Orleans St. Sheikh Zayed Tower Baltimore, MD 21287
- University Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry
- Former Henry Phipps Professor and Director (1975-2001)
- Former Psychiatrist-in-Chief, The Johns Hopkins Hospital (1975-2001)
- Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
Departments / Divisions
- MD, Harvard Medical School (1956)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Neurology (1967)
- American Board of Psychiatry And Neurology / Psychiatry (1968)
Research & Publications
- McHugh, Paul R. and Slavney, P.R.: The Perspectives of Psychiatry, Second Edition, Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins University Press, 1998.
- McHugh, Paul R.: The Mind Has Mountains: Reflections on Society and Psychiatry. Baltimore, The Johns Hopkins University Press, 2006.
- McHugh, Paul R.: Try To Remember: Psychiatry’s Clash Over Meaning, Memory, and Mind. Dana Press, 2008.