As the founding director of Johns Hopkins Breast Center at Bayview Medical Center, Dr. Habibi focuses on providing a patient centered, individualized plan of care for each patient he treats, and he utilizes the latest advancements in the field for the best care of the patients. As a Surgeon scientist and Innovator, he has expertise in surgical management of all aspects of malignant and benign diseases of the breast.
His clinical specialties include
- Advanced techniques for nipple-sparing mastectomies
- Hidden scar and Oncoplastic techniques in breast conserving surgery
- Esthetic flat closure
- Risk reducing surgery for patients with strong family history and high risk for breast cancer
- Wire free tumor localization
- Pain free sentinel node injection
- Intraoperative assessment of margin status in breast conserving surgery using MarginProbe
- Intraoperative Tumor marking for the most accurate pathologic evaluation
- Advanced management of the axilla to minimize the axillary dissection
- Management of Male Breast Cancer
- Management of breast cancer in young patients and breast cancer during the pregnancy
His research activities are directly related to improving the patient outcomes, increasing the efficiency and personalizing the care by studying the genes of the tumor and the relationships between the Microbes in the body and breast cancer.
He has presented and published his work in a variety of peer reviewed journals and has been invited to give lectures and grand rounds in national and international conferences. He also frequently travels overseas to do surgeries for Johns Hopkins International. He has been invited as faculty for Masterclass in Advanced Oncoplastic course by Hologic company.
The journey from the diagnosis to the treatment and survival of breast cancer can be a complex task. Dr. Habibi has been fortunate to work with the same group of dedicated professionals in his practice for almost a decade, which make the patient’s experience as smooth as possible.
In similar fashion to the practice core, Dr. Habibi utilizes the vast network of world class expertise here at Johns Hopkins in the form of multidisciplinary format from Medical and radiation oncology to plastic surgery and others to provide the most comprehensive, yet individualized plan of care for each patient.
He believes that “Every patient deserves a unique treatment strategy, and we care for them like we do for our family”.