Johns Hopkins Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers several physical therapy residency and fellowship programs. Acceptance will be based on the candidate’s ability to provide exceptional patient-centered care and advanced critical thinking skills. Qualified applicants will have demonstrated professional investment and development through research exposure, evidence-based practice and leadership opportunities. Flexibility, time management and communication skills are highly valued, as is the ability to work in a fast-paced academic medical environment with a multidisciplinary team.
- All applications are processed through the American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) Residency/Fellowship Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (RF-PTCAS). Please visit the website for instructions on how to apply.
- In-person interviews are required for all programs.
- Please note that we don’t sponsor visas for international applicants.
- There is a supplemental application fee of $50 submitted to Johns Hopkins.
- If you have questions or need more information, please refer to the FAQs or contact the program coordinator listed on each program's page.