I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Pharmacy recognizes the value and need for pharmacy residency training for individuals seeking a career in hospital and health-system pharmacy. The Johns Hopkins Hospital Pharmacy Residency Program was first established as a hospital internship in 1927, as one of the original 11 organizations that offered internships. The residency program at The Johns Hopkins Hospital was first reviewed and accredited in 1971.
The Johns Hopkins Hospital offers postgraduate year one pharmacy residency training and 15 postgraduate year two specialty programs.
The Pharmacy Residency Program at Johns Hopkins Hospital offers a wide variety of opportunities. Some of the clinical services provided by the Department include renal drug monitoring, drug interaction monitoring, patient care rounding, medication teaching, therapeutic drug monitoring, drug order review, drug information support for care providers and a focus on an integrated, unit-based model for care delivery. Residency programs at Johns Hopkins Hospital include:
- Post-Graduate Year 1 Pharmacy Residency Program (8 positions)
- Post-Graduate Years 1 and 2 Combined Programs
- Health-System Pharmacy Administration (2 first year and 2 second year positions)
- Pharmacotherapy (1 first year and 1 second year position)
- Pharmacy Informatics (1 first year and 1 second year position)
- Investigational Drug and Research Pharmacy (1 first year and 1 second year position)
- Post-Graduate Year 2 Specialty Programs
- Ambulatory Care (1 Position)
- Cardiology (1 Position)
- Critical Care (1 Position)
- Emergency Medicine (1 Position)
- Infectious Diseases (1 Position)
- Medication Use Safety (1 Position)
- Oncology (2 - 3 Positions)
- Pain Management and Palliative Care (1 Position)
- Pediatrics (1 Position)
- Solid Organ Transplant (1 Position)