I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Share this page: More
Graduate Program Steering Committee
The Pharmacology Graduate Program Steering Committee is directly responsible for the implementation of the Training Program. It consists of six members:
- Caren Freel Meyers, Ph.D., Chair – Director of the Pharmacology Graduate Program; Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences
- Richard F. Ambinder, M.D./Ph.D. – Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences, Oncology, and Pathology
- Jun O. Liu, Ph.D. – Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences and Oncology, former Director of the Program.
- Ronald L. Schnaar, Ph.D., – Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences and Neuroscience, former Director of the Program
- James T. Stivers, Ph.D. – Interim Director, Department of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences; Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences and Oncology
- Sean D. Taverna, Ph.D. - Director of Graduate Admissions; Associate Professor of Pharmacology and Molecular Sciences
As the Director of the Graduate Program, Dr. Meyers meets with all students on an annual basis, and with first and second year students more frequently. Dr. Meyers reviews laboratory research progress and grades, provides advice on a group and individual basis, and monitors the progress of students in laboratory rotations and throughout their doctoral research. All pharmacology graduate students should feel free to approach Dr. Meyers at any time during their graduate years to discuss lab or classroom concerns, the oral exam, thesis progress, career options, or any other challenges they may be facing.