I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
- The Hackam Lab, together with the Center for Pediatric Surgical, Translational and Regenerative Medicine, combined to become the Hackam Lab for Pediatric Surgical, Translational and Regenerative Medicine. Learn more.
- Shahab Shaffiey, a postdoctoral fellow, received the Sheikh Zayed Institute Award for Innovation in Pediatric Surgery for his presentation, entitled “A Novel Biodegradable Device for Intestinal Lengthening,” at the annual American Pediatric Surgical Association meeting.
- Matthew Neal was awarded first place for an oral presentation given at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Department of Surgery’s annual Simmons’ Surgery Research Day.
- Dennis Slagle received the Jack Metcoff Award for Outstanding Resident or Fellow Presentation for a poster presentation made at the American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians’ spring conference in Memphis.
- David Hackam and John March were awarded the Biomedical Research Collaboration Award by the Hartwell Foundation awarded. The three-year grant provides over $500,000 toward their collaborative project, Generation of an Artificial Intestine for the Treatment of Short Bowel Syndrome in Children.
- Elizabeth Lee’s abstract was one of two selected to receive a Stephen Phillips Award, and Ryan Marino’s abstract was chosen for a Merit Award by the Dean’s Summer Research Program of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine from more than 85 scholarly research submissions. As part of their recognition, Lee delivered a summary of her research at the Dean’s Summer Research Program Symposium, and Marino presented a project poster at the event. Additionally, they were invited to present posters of their research at the University of Pittsburgh’s Science 2011 all-campus conference.
- Misty Good won the David G. Nathan Award in Basic Research from the Society for Pediatric Research. The award was presented at the annual meeting of the Pediatric Academic Societies.
- Matthew Neal was awarded second place for overall oral presentation at the ninth annual Simmons’ Surgery Research Day, conducted by the Department of Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Amin Afrazi received a poster award during Graduate Student Research Day, a program of the Department of Cellular and Molecular Pathology in the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Misty Good gave a plenary talk at the 51st annual meeting of the MidWest Society for Pediatric Research, where she was also honored with the 2010 Frederick M. Kenny Memorial Award in Pediatric Research for Outstanding Fellow Presentation.
- Matthew Neal was awarded first prize at the Surgical Infection Society annual meeting for his presentation.
- Matthew Neal was awarded first prize at the Department of Surgery Research Day.
- Amin Afrazi was awarded first prize at the International Congress on Trauma, Shock, Inflammation and Sepsis in Munich, Germany.
- Mitchel Dyer won the top research award by a summer research medical student at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.