An eyelid lift is a cosmetic procedure that surgically removes excess fat, muscle and skin from the upper and lower eyelids. This procedure is used to address drooping or puffy eyes and create a more rested and youthful appearance.
An eyelid lift may also be used to address drooping eyelids that interfere with vision.
Eyelid Lift: Why Choose Johns Hopkins Facial Plastic Surgery?
- Patients can be confident in our approach that considers their goals, age and ethnicity.
- Our surgeons take a holistic approach to eyelid lifts, considering the balance and harmony among each area of the face and its proportions.
- With a large number of patients and an experienced faculty with specific training in the structure of the head and neck region, we offer a rare degree of skill and expertise, even in the most complex procedures.
Eyelid Lift: What to Expect
Our experts will perform your eyelid surgery in our office-based surgical facility or in the hospital as an outpatient procedure. Our team will ensure your comfort by using anesthesia.
After the procedure, which takes several hours to complete, your surgeon applies surgical dressing to the area. You may experience a tight or sore feeling, dry or itchy eyes and some bruising and swelling around the eyes.
It’s important to follow your surgeon’s post-surgery instructions carefully, including:
- Taking pain medication
- Applying cold compresses to minimize swelling
- Keeping your head elevated when sleeping
- Avoiding strenuous activity during recovery
Our doctors are board certified in both otolaryngology—head and neck surgery and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, which gives our team a unique and comprehensive level of expertise.