I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
Benefits and Incentives
Employee Benefits and Resources
As full-time exempt employees of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, orthopaedic surgery residents have access to all employee benefits, resources and perks, including:
- Wellness and healthy living
- Paid time off
- Parental leave and assistance:
- Faculty & Staff Assistance Program (FASAP)
- Workplace safety resources
Johns Hopkins Breastfeeding Support Program
The Johns Hopkins Breastfeeding Support Program provides breast-feeding mothers with the information and support needed to continue breast-feeding after returning to work. The program features full-service Mother’s Rooms complete with hospital-grade breast pumps, a breast-feeding support program coordinator, online resources for mothers, education and consultation for managers, and the first known vending machine with breast-feeding supplies offered at an employee discount.
The following incentives are available to our residents:
- Magnification loupes and custom lead operating gowns provided in the second year
- Paid subscriptions to various academic journals, including the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery
- AO course
- Funding for chief residents to attend the AAOA Annual Meeting and a Board Review Course
- Funding of up to $2,500 per year toward residents presenting their research at national and international meetings
- Books provided at the start of various rotations
- All on-call meals
- Position as a team doctor for Johns Hopkins athletes, including the nine-time NCAA champion lacrosse team
- Position as a team doctor for Navy football
- Editorial Services team to help with publication of research
- Endowment dedicated to fund residents going overseas for outreach/mission trips
- Uniforms and laundering