I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Translation and Interpreter Resources
Johns Hopkins School of Medicine extends our commitment to personalized healthcare by meeting the unique cultural needs of our patients. We provide free interpreter services to patients to ensure that information is accurately transmitted between Limited English Proficient patients and deaf or hard-of-hearing patients and their healthcare team. If you would like to have a medical interpreter throughout your appointment, please contact the Interpreter Services Department at 410-614-4685 (call for specifics about what Hopkins offers). More information can be found at Hopkins Medicine.
MedlinePlus, a service provided by the US National Library of Medicine developed the following communication resources for Limited English Proficient individuals. This website offers information for patients and other health consumers and is for informational purposes only.
Resources for Specific Languages
American Sign Language
Provides accurate, concise, and valuable health information in American Sign Language using health information created by the Centers for Disease Control and the National Institutes of Health.
- MedlinePlus - Health Information in American Sign Language
Provides 30 videos from Health Information Translations.
- Asian Pacific Islanders Women's Health
This multi-lingual site offers several languages to help Asian Pacific Islander women understand the importance of having mammograms and pap smears at regular intervals. There is information about how to make appointments and prepare for the procedures. Clinicians will find special materials they can use to personally recommend mammography and pap smears to their patients.
Health Information Translations
From the Ohio State Medical Center, includes health information and hospital signage documents. Languages include: Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Tradition, English, French, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Marshallese, Portuguese Brazilian, Russian, Somali, Spanish, Tagalog, Ukrainian and Vietnamese.
SPIRAL: Selected Patient Information Resources in Asian Languages
Provides consumer information in Chinese, (as well as Cambodian/Khmer, Hmong, Korean, Laotian, Thai, and Vietnamese and on a wide variety of Internet resources including National Library of Medicine and Tufts University resources.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality en español
- American Cancer Society Informacion de referencia sobre el cancer
- Cancer.gov Spanish Resources
- CDC -- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention en español
- ChooseMyPlate.gov in Spanish
- United States Department of Agriculture's healthy food guidance system Spanish language portal.
- Community Tool Box/Caja de Herramientas Comunitarias
- Denver Public Library Salud y Medicina
- Familydoctor.org Pamphlets in Spanish
- Healthfinder en español
- Lance Armstrong Foundation's LIVESTRONG
- MedlinePlus en español
- Multimedia Medical Spanish Translator
- Includes audio files so you can listen to the translated words and phrases.
- National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases
- National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke
- National Library of Medicine's Tox Mystery (select the español tab)
- National Library of Medicine's Tox Town en español
- NOAH -- New York Online Access to Health
- Office of Dietary Supplements, National Institutes of Health/ Información Para El Consumidor
- Oficina de Salud de las Minorias/ Office of Minority Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration en español
- WomensHealth.gov en español