I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
The Disability Services program within the Office of Institutional Equity oversees the coordination of reasonable accommodations for students and employees with disabilities, and serves as the central point of contact for information on physical and programmatic access at the University. Abigail Hurson, University Disability Services Officer, is available to address questions and concerns related to any accommodation issue from employees, managers, HR professionals and faculty members, and can also provide training on a variety of disability-related topics.
The following services are offered:
- Assists the School of Medicine and University community in understanding the effects of disabilities and in eliminating the physical, technical, attitudinal and programmatic barriers that limit the range of opportunities for students with disabilities.
- Arranges for review of documentation and provides individuals with reasonable accommodations.
- Maintains and protects the confidentiality of individual records as required by law.
Johns Hopkins University Policy
Johns Hopkins University does not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, pregnancy, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status or other legally protected characteristic in any student program, activity administered by the University, admission or employment.
Definition of a Person with a Disability
A person with a disability is defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 as an individual who has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities, has a record of such an impairment, or is regarded as having such an impairment.
- JHU Student Guide
- JHU Teaching Guide for Faculty and Staff
- JHU Student Request for Accommodation of Disability Form
- JHU Policy on Confidentiality
- Ability Magazine
- ACCESSOLUTIONS for the Hard of Hearing and Deaf
- Affordable Care Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Baltimore: Mayor's Commission on Disabilities
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Penn Mar Human Services
- Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act
- U.S. Federal Government Disability Information
- Vietnam Era Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act
- Workers' Compensation