I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Peds PACU (PREPAC4) Zayed (Bloomberg 4 N)
32 bed Prep/PACU unit provides care for children less than 22 years of age undergoing surgery, radiological tests, interventional radiology and cardiovascular lab procedures requiring anesthesia or sedation. Prep/PACU 4 provides paranesthesia care 24 hours a day, seven days a week for pediatric surgery, trauma, cardiovascular and radiology patients.
- Pediatrics up to age 22
- 1 to 1.5 hours for PACU, 6-8 hours Extended Recovery, and 23 hour extended overnight observation
Number of Beds
- 32 Prep and Recovery, 4 overnight observation beds
- Prep 1:2-3
New Grad RN Orientation Length
- 8-16 weeks, with designated preceptor
- Open 24/7
- Combination of 8 and 10 hour shifts (day/evening shifts): M-F 5:30 a.m.-11:00 p.m., 12 hour shifts on nights 7 p.m.-7:30 a.m.; Sat/Sun 6a-4:30p /7 a.m.-7 p.m. & 7 p.m.-7 a.m
- On-call overnight 7 days a week for acuity/sick
- RN, Clinical Technicians/Clinical Nursing Externs, Unit Associates, Clinical Customer Service Coordinator and Clinical customer Service Representatives
- RN Composite 10% MSN, 3% AD, 87% BSN
- Required competencies: 2 years Pediatric inpatient clinical experience
Why I Choose Pediatric Oncology Nursing
"In addition to the honor of working with these children and their families, there’s a huge capacity for professional and personal growth. You can create things to make the care better. I feel like my voice is heard and accepted. We take part in rounds with the physicians."
—Laurie Rome, RN
Magnet Site Visit Announced
The Johns Hopkins Department of Nursing will host appraisers from the Magnet Recognition Program from 9/9-11/2013.
Public Notice of Site Visit