I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Pediatric Oncology Clinic (Bloomberg 11 N)
Acute care pediatric oncology unit ambulatory setting
- Ages newborn to 25
- Diagnoses include:
- solid tumors
- leukemia/hematologic malignancies
- blood/bone marrow transplant
- infusion therapy - biotherapy/chemotherapy
- oncology acute care
- cancer clinical trials
Number of Beds
- 9 infusion spaces
- 8 exam rooms
- one treatment room
- NON standard unit
New Grad RN Orientation Length
- Tailored to need of the applicant, but 12-14 weeks; consistent with inpatient orientation with regards to support and requirements
- No rotation for clinic: Monday-Friday hour dayshifts, no weekends, no holidays.
- NCIM level nurse required
- All RN, 90 percent BSN-prepared
- 100% of staff is chemocertified
- 1/4 of the staff is CPHON certified
Why I Choose Pediatric Oncology Nursing
"In addition to the honor of working with these children and their families, there’s a huge capacity for professional and personal growth. You can create things to make the care better. I feel like my voice is heard and accepted. We take part in rounds with the physicians."
—Laurie Rome, RN
Magnet Site Visit Announced
The Johns Hopkins Department of Nursing will host appraisers from the Magnet Recognition Program from 9/9-11/2013.
Public Notice of Site Visit