I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Infant and Toddler Care (Bloomberg 9 S)
Acute medical surgical unit that treats pediatric patients from newborns, up to the age of 5, and trached and vented pediatric patients up to the age of 8. Services Provided/ medical diagnosis:
- Acute and chronic lung diseases
- Gastro-intestinal problems
- Problems related to prematurity
- Congenital heart defects
- Patients with a diagnosis on the bladder exstrophy spectrum
- Patients after cardiac, genitourinary, ear-nose-throat, neuro, orthopedic, plastic, and general pediatric surgeries
- Patients with tracheotomies
- Stable home ventilated children
Number of Beds
New Grad RN Orientation Length
- 12 weeks
- New-grad Nurse Residency Program - PEDS Track with post-orientation mentoring
- Day/night shift
- 8 and 12 hours
- Flexible, self-schedule
- All RN staff, 85 percent BSN-prepared
Why I Choose Pediatric Oncology Nursing
"In addition to the honor of working with these children and their families, there’s a huge capacity for professional and personal growth. You can create things to make the care better. I feel like my voice is heard and accepted. We take part in rounds with the physicians."
—Laurie Rome, RN
Magnet Site Visit Announced
The Johns Hopkins Department of Nursing will host appraisers from the Magnet Recognition Program from 9/9-11/2013.
Public Notice of Site Visit