What is the Johns Hopkins Hospital Nurse Residency Program?
A 12-month, comprehensive transition-to-practice program, aligned with Vizient/AACN and the JHH nursing strategic priorities, to deliver an evidence-based curriculum and facilitate the professional development and socialization of the new graduate nurse.
Whom do we serve?
- New graduate nurses with six months or less of experience.
- Annual hires of approximately 350 new graduate nurses
- NRP cohorts are offered monthly.
- New graduate nurses are automatically enrolled in NRP when they start working at The Johns Hopkins Hospital.
- No additional application or interview required.
How do we support new graduate nurses?
- Facilitate NRP class days using adult learning principles and techniques.
- Provide cohort experience to promote peer and professional socialization.
- Round on units and meet with nurse residents to provide individualized support.
- Collaborate with unit leadership and nurse recruitment to optimize orientation experience.
- Attend meetings related to nurse resident's progress and challenges.
- Assist nurse residents in completing evidence-based practice (EBP) initiative project.