I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Promise and Progress > Promise & Progress - A Spectrum of Achievements
Promise and Progress - The Harriet and Jerry Dempsey Scholars for Cancer Research Fund
Promise & Progress - A Spectrum of Achievements
The Harriet and Jerry Dempsey Scholars for Cancer Research Fund
Date: January 15, 2015
A $1 million gift from Harriet and Jerry Dempsey has provided much-needed support to clinician-scientists-in-training in the Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences. The research fund provides promising young investigators and clinicians, like Shereef Elnahal and Andrew Sharabi, the opportunity to work side by side with established experts while pursuing their own areas of interest. “We have been fortunate to attract the best of the best. Our residents are involved in pioneering, high-impact research,” says Theodore DeWeese, M.D., Director of the department. “The generous gift of Mr. and Mrs. Dempsey to support these fabulously talented young trainees reveals the Dempsey’s passion for excellence and our shared vision for improved care of cancer patients, now and in the future.”
See “The Resident’s Model” and “Focused Radiation Stimulates Cancer Immunity,” to read more about the impressive projects of current residents Shereef Elnhahal and Andrew Sharabi.
Articles in this Issue
- World's First Protein Catalog
- How Cancer Cells Keep Going When Other Cells Stop
- Mega Analysis Uncovers Prostate Cancer Risk
- Tobacco and Oral Cancer-Causing Infection
- Test for Oral Cancers
- Shortened BMT Treatment Gets the Job Done
- Greenberg Bladder Cancer Institute Awards First Research Grant
- No More Repeat Prostate Biopsies
- How Breast Cancer Spreads
- Tiny "Ship" Delivers Death Command to Brain Cancer
- Human Chemical Detoxifiers
- Cancer-Fighting Bacteria
- Game Theory and Cancer
- Recruiting Cancer Immunity
- Broccoli Sprouts Detoxify Dirty Air
- Personalized Prostate Cancer Approach
- Amen to Miracles