I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Winter 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - President’s Message
New Directions Winter 2012
Date: November 1, 2012
The Promise of Medicine
Every year, tens of thousands of people come to Suburban Hospital for medical treatment. In doing so, they are asking us to deliver on a promise to provide the most innovative, collaborative and compassionate care available toward the goal of restoring health and saving lives.
Suburban Hospital, a member of Johns Hopkins Medicine, is well positioned to deliver on the promise of medicine. In this issue you will read about how advanced technologies and groundbreaking procedures, a growing portfolio of research and clinical trials, and expanded access to primary and specialty-care physicians combine to ensure unsurpassed outcomes for our patients.
Orthopaedic surgeon Sridhar Durbhakula uses new technologies to provide a minimally invasive approach to hip replacement that speeds recovery.
Other patients benefit from the promise of new discoveries by participating in Suburban’s extensive network of research studies, enabled through our close association with our neighbor across the street, the National Institutes of Health.
And finally, the expansion of Johns Hopkins Community Physicians throughout Montgomery County and Northwest, DC ensures that our patients can always find a doctor willing to care for them and their loved ones.
I hope our strong commitment to you provides you with peace of mind, and that you enjoy this holiday season with peace in your heart.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Research: Imaging Acute Brain Injury
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians are Now in Germantown
- Why Suburban?
- Year-End Giving
- Commitment to Excellence
- President’s Message
- CGAs Offer Income for Life
- Common Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Noteworthy! Shaw Family Foundation Donates $1M to Pediatric Emergency Department
- Neurosurgeon David Lin, M.D., Ph.D., Joins Suburban Hospital
- MobileMed/NIH Heart Clinic at Suburban Hospital
- NIH Heart Center at Suburban Hospital Celebrates Great Outcomes, Outreach and Research
- Noteworthy! Suburban Named Healthiest Workplace
- Turning the Table for Hip Replacement Patient
- Research: FDA Authorizes New Stem Cell Trial
- Wilmer Eye Institute Opens Office in Bethesda
- Record-Breaking Year for Key To The Cure Event Honors Survivors, Supports Women’s Cancer Programs
- My Health Record: Don’t Leave Home Without It!
- Fueled by Philanthropy: $1M Gift to Advance Neuro Care