I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Winter 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - My Health Record: Don’t Leave Home Without It!
New Directions Winter 2012
My Health Record: Don’t Leave Home Without It!
Date: November 1, 2012
Now it is easier than ever to carry your health information along with you. Suburban Hospital’s “My Health Record” is now available to download, save and fill out right on your computer. This handy form has a place to list your medications, allergies, physicians, medical diagnoses, and much more. All you need to do is print out the information and take it to your next doctor’s appointment. “You wouldn’t think about going out without your driver’s license or your health insurance card,” says Gary Roggin, M.D., gastroenterologist at Suburban Hospital and chair of the Medication Safety Clinical Community of the Armstrong Institute, Johns Hopkins Medicine. “Carrying important information about your health with you at all times, especially the list of medications and doses you are taking, could potentially save your life in an emergency.”
To Learn?more | To download the My Health Record form, go to . If you prefer, we will send you the credit card-size version to keep in your wallet. Call 301-896-3939 today!
Read more about the work of the Armstrong Institute for Patient Safety and Quality at http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/armstrong_institute/.
Tips for Using Medicines Safely
Keep your medication list up-to-date and take all medicines with you when you go to the doctor, pharmacy or hospital.
If you aren’t sure about how to take your medicine, ask questions.
Ask about possible side effects.
Read more about medication safety here.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Research: Imaging Acute Brain Injury
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians are Now in Germantown
- Why Suburban?
- Year-End Giving
- Commitment to Excellence
- President’s Message
- CGAs Offer Income for Life
- Common Symptoms of a Heart Attack
- Noteworthy! Shaw Family Foundation Donates $1M to Pediatric Emergency Department
- Neurosurgeon David Lin, M.D., Ph.D., Joins Suburban Hospital
- MobileMed/NIH Heart Clinic at Suburban Hospital
- NIH Heart Center at Suburban Hospital Celebrates Great Outcomes, Outreach and Research
- Noteworthy! Suburban Named Healthiest Workplace
- Turning the Table for Hip Replacement Patient
- Research: FDA Authorizes New Stem Cell Trial
- Wilmer Eye Institute Opens Office in Bethesda
- Record-Breaking Year for Key To The Cure Event Honors Survivors, Supports Women’s Cancer Programs
- My Health Record: Don’t Leave Home Without It!
- Fueled by Philanthropy: $1M Gift to Advance Neuro Care