I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
New Directions Summer 2013
Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
Date: July 1, 2013
A generous $200,000 gift from the Suburban Hospital Auxiliary, along with a $100,000 contribution from the Ruth & Samuel Salzberg Family Foundation, will support Suburban Hospital’s commitment to nursing excellence by providing increased opportunities for clinical training and education.
This significant gift from the Auxiliary is aligned with the volunteer-based organization’s 70th anniversary of service to the hospital and highlights their continuing dedication to enhancing patient care.
Likewise, the Salzberg Family gift, given by Ellen and Stephen Exelbert, Deborah and Michael Salzberg, and Jill and Arthur Salzberg, is designed to recognize and honor the expertise and compassion of the nurses and other staff who cared for their loved ones over the years.
“Together, these gifts will help to advance nursing practice and improve patient care,” explains Chief Nursing Officer Barbara Jacobs. “By exposing our nursing staff to the latest developments in clinical care, and supporting specialty certification, we assure the best possible outcomes for our patients.”
TO LEARN MORE | To add your support, please contact the Suburban Hospital Foundation Office at 301-896-3971 or visit our web site at Ways to Give.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Certified Nurse Interviews
- Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
- Nursing Initiative Tackles Post-Op Nausea
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Opens D.C. Location
- Suburban Welcomes New Board Chairmen
- Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
- Patient Follow-up Calls Improve Communications, Reduce Readmissions
- Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
- Ready, Set, Grow! Suburban Hospital Pediatrics Festival
- Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
- President’s Message
- And the Winners Are…
- Suburban Celebrates Its Certified Nurses
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Daniel Valaik, M.D., Joins Suburban
- Suburban Hospital 2013 Community Benefit Report
- 3D Mammography Now Available for Breast Imaging
- Anesthesiology “Unmasked”
- Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership