I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
New Directions Summer 2013
Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
Date: July 1, 2013
2012 Key to the Cure co-chairs Nina Snow and Marte Coleman with Saks representative Amy Duke (center).
Suburban Hospital’s oncology patient navigator program received a boost this spring with generous contributions from two corporate partners — Saks Fifth Avenue and TD Bank. The significant check from Saks represented the shopping proceeds from the pinnacle 10th anniversary Key to the Cure event this past October.
Over the years, this annual event and partnership has exceeded $1M in support for women’s cancer programs at Suburban Hospital, specifically the complimentary navigator service. The two organizations are already working on the 2013 event, which promises an exclusive new look and feel with personalized events spanning the four-day shopping weekend.
An additional grant of $5,000 from TD Bank will also fund the navigator program, helping to assure critical supportive services for patients undergoing treatment for breast or other cancers.
In addition to corporate support, members of the community also provided generous contributions this spring, recognizing more than 160 of Suburban Hospital’s finest physicians with donations totaling more than $20,000 during the annual Doctors’ Day Campaign.
It’s never too late to honor your favorite caregiver with a tribute gift or add your support to an important program or service. To Learn?More | To add your support, please contact the Suburban Hospital Foundation Office at 301-896-3971 or visit our web site at Ways to Give.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Certified Nurse Interviews
- Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
- Nursing Initiative Tackles Post-Op Nausea
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Opens D.C. Location
- Suburban Welcomes New Board Chairmen
- Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
- Patient Follow-up Calls Improve Communications, Reduce Readmissions
- Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
- Ready, Set, Grow! Suburban Hospital Pediatrics Festival
- Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
- President’s Message
- And the Winners Are…
- Suburban Celebrates Its Certified Nurses
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Daniel Valaik, M.D., Joins Suburban
- Suburban Hospital 2013 Community Benefit Report
- 3D Mammography Now Available for Breast Imaging
- Anesthesiology “Unmasked”
- Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership