I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Summer 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
New Directions Summer 2013
Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
Date: July 1, 2013
Suburban Hospital’s Cancer Care Program once again achieved three-year accreditation with Commendation from the American College of Surgeons (ACOS) Commission on Cancer.
Receiving care at a CoC cancer program like Suburban’s ensures that a patient has access to comprehensive care, including state-of-the-art services and equipment and a multispecialty, team approach — close to home.
This accreditation also means Suburban Hospital offers access to information about clinical trials and research, cancer-related educational materials and support, as well as a cancer registry that collects data on type and stage of cancers, treatment results and lifelong patient follow-up.
“This accreditation with commendation demonstrates that our Cancer Program provides the best in cancer care,” says Dr. Pamela Wright, director of the Suburban Hospital Breast Center. “We not only comply with the quality standards measured by the Commission on Cancer, we excel.”
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Certified Nurse Interviews
- Fueled by Philanthropy: New Gifts Support Nursing Excellence, Education
- Nursing Initiative Tackles Post-Op Nausea
- Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Opens D.C. Location
- Suburban Welcomes New Board Chairmen
- Planning Board Approves Suburban’s Campus Enhancement Plans
- Patient Follow-up Calls Improve Communications, Reduce Readmissions
- Cancer Program Achieves Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation
- Ready, Set, Grow! Suburban Hospital Pediatrics Festival
- Focus on Philanthropy: Generous Support for Patient Navigator, Suburban Physicians
- President’s Message
- And the Winners Are…
- Suburban Celebrates Its Certified Nurses
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Daniel Valaik, M.D., Joins Suburban
- Suburban Hospital 2013 Community Benefit Report
- 3D Mammography Now Available for Breast Imaging
- Anesthesiology “Unmasked”
- Suburban Hospital and Kaiser Permanente Form a Stronger Partnership