I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Spring 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Nursing Program Gets a Boost from Local Family
New Directions Spring 2013
Nursing Program Gets a Boost from Local Family
Date: May 1, 2013
Members of the nursing leadership team, LeighAnn Sidone and Barbara Jacobs, join with Tom and Karen Natelli (center) to recognize the impact of their generous philanthropy.
Former hospital board chair Tom Natelli and his wife, Karen, a dedicated hospital volunteer, have committed $100,000 to support nursing initiatives at Suburban Hospital. Potomac residents and long-time supporters of the hospital, the Natelli family dedicated their recent gift in honor of outgoing hospital president Brian Gragnolati.
As Suburban Hospital’s visionary leader for more than a decade, Brian’s unwavering commitment to patient care helped to create a culture that advanced professionalism, accountability, collaboration and compassion at all levels of nursing.
The Natellis hope that their support will enhance Brian’s efforts, making it possible for the nursing program to reach new heights of excellence and begin the pursuit of national recognition.
“Generous gifts like this give us the ability to advance nursing practice and improve patient care outcomes,” explains Barbara Jacobs, senior director of nursing. “By offering additional learning opportunities to our nursing staff, exposing them to the latest developments in clinical care, and supporting specialty certification, we assure the best care possible for our patients.”
To add your support, please contact the Foundation Office at 301-896-3971.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Suburban Hospital Cardiac Rehab Celebrating 30 Years of Caring for Patients!
- Donate to Say “Thanks!”
- Trust Your Gut: Take Colon Health Seriously
- JHCP Update
- Suburban Hospital Auxiliary Celebrating 70 Years of Service!
- Varicose Vein Screenings Continue | FREE!
- Suburban Hospital Welcomes New President
- We Are Here to Help
- Cover Photo
- Dr. Zurab Nadareishvili Named Director of NIH Stroke Program at Suburban
- Pt 2: Trust Your Gut: Take Colon Health Seriously (Online Exclusive)
- Nursing Program Gets a Boost from Local Family
- New Location for Comprehensive Breast Specialty Center
- Pediatric Celebration Coming Soon!
- President’s Message
- My Health and Medication Record Now in Spanish!
- Suburban Hospital and the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute Translating Science into Treatment for Heart Disease
- The Sleep Disorders Centers at Sibley Memorial Hospital and Suburban Hospital We’ve Got You Covered
- Focus on Philanthropy: Heart Program Support Strengthens Care, Outreach