I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Spring 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Why Suburban?
New Directions Spring 2012
Date: May 1, 2012
Being a nurse at Suburban Hospital has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my professional career. I began working at Suburban in 2001 as a nurse in the Emergency Department. It was there that I developed a sense of community with not only fellow nurses, but also with staff throughout the hospital, and the patients we serve. At Suburban Hospital, our nurses take a great deal of pride in the care we provide our patients, and I couldn’t be more proud of the work we do every day.
Recently, I became a nurse recruiter at Suburban Hospital and have truly enjoyed the opportunity I have to hire nurses who bring experience, care and compassion to our patients. At Suburban, nurses have the opportunity for personal and professional growth through programs established by nurses themselves, such as nursing councils, clinical ladder and tuition reimbursement for advanced-degree nursing.
Being situated near Washington, D.C., and across the street from the National Institutes of Health and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, means we collaborate with the best and brightest nurses in the country. It also means we have well-educated patients who expect the high-quality care Suburban Hospital nurses provide. Working in such a supportive environment has taught me much about being a successful nurse, and I am thankful to be able to assist in bringing new nurses to Suburban Hospital.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Stroke: Signs and Symptoms
- National Doctors’ Day
- Fueled by Philanthropy
- News in Brief: New Programs, Services and Information
- Suburban Gave Me My Life Back
- Save the date! SHOWCASE 2012
- Noteworthy! Suburban’s Schultz Recognized by Washingtonian Magazine
- Noteworthy! June Marlin Falb Joins Suburban as Vice President of Development
- Seeing Hospitals Through Seniors’ Eyes
- Suburban Hospital Breast Center Awarded Full Accreditation by the NAPBC
- Remodeled Sleep Center Rooms Invite a Good Night’s Rest
- Donor Funds Improve Patient Comfort, Expand Outreach
- Why Suburban?
- Noteworthy! Best Emergency Department!
- New Video Interviews
- NIH Stroke Center at Suburban Hospital
- President’s Message
- Auxiliary Tea and Silent Auction
- Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Center: Successful Outcomes Are Par for the Course
- Medicine for Public 2012 Free Lecture Series