I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Spring 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Suburban Hospital Breast Center Awarded Full Accreditation by the NAPBC
New Directions Spring 2012
Suburban Hospital Breast Center Awarded Full Accreditation by the NAPBC
Date: May 1, 2012
Front row, l-r: Laurie Herscher, MD, radiation oncologist; Susan Stinson, MD, radiation oncologist and medical director, Cancer Program; Pamela Wright, MD, breast surgeon, medical director, Breast Center; Hannah Kim, MD, radiologist; Carolyn Hendricks, MD
After a rigorous review of its program components and standards, the Suburban Hospital Breast Center has earned a full three-year accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC). “We are very proud of this accreditation,” said Pamela Wright, M.D., breast surgeon and medical director of the Breast Center. “This is recognition that our Breast Center’s physicians and staff provide high-quality expert care for patients diagnosed with diseases of the breast.”
The Suburban Hospital Breast Center is a comprehensive program that provides patients the ease and comfort of receiving their care in one location. “There are very few Breast Centers in the region that are as comprehensive and convenient for patients as our Breast Center,” said Rebecca Trupp, RN, nurse navigator for the Breast Center, who guides patients through their cancer diagnosis by coordinating services, providing education and resources, and much more. Services at the Breast Center, located at 6420 Rockledge Dr. in Bethesda, include imaging, outpatient surgical services, doctors’ offices, radiation oncology and ample parking.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Stroke: Signs and Symptoms
- National Doctors’ Day
- Fueled by Philanthropy
- News in Brief: New Programs, Services and Information
- Suburban Gave Me My Life Back
- Save the date! SHOWCASE 2012
- Noteworthy! Suburban’s Schultz Recognized by Washingtonian Magazine
- Noteworthy! June Marlin Falb Joins Suburban as Vice President of Development
- Seeing Hospitals Through Seniors’ Eyes
- Suburban Hospital Breast Center Awarded Full Accreditation by the NAPBC
- Remodeled Sleep Center Rooms Invite a Good Night’s Rest
- Donor Funds Improve Patient Comfort, Expand Outreach
- Why Suburban?
- Noteworthy! Best Emergency Department!
- New Video Interviews
- NIH Stroke Center at Suburban Hospital
- President’s Message
- Auxiliary Tea and Silent Auction
- Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Center: Successful Outcomes Are Par for the Course
- Medicine for Public 2012 Free Lecture Series