I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Spring 2012
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Donor Funds Improve Patient Comfort, Expand Outreach
New Directions Spring 2012
Donor Funds Improve Patient Comfort, Expand Outreach
Date: May 1, 2012
Thanks to a generous $80,000 grant from the PNC Charitable Trust, patients with difficult vascular access, such as the elderly, those with chronic illness or the obese, will soon have a much better experience when they require an IV placement for the infusion of critical fluids or medications.
This enhanced, ultrasound-guided vascular access technology, and the associated hands-on training, also funded by the grant, will ensure a greater degree of procedural success. It will also improve patient safety by reducing complications, avoid delays in clinical care and reduce patients’ anxiety and discomfort.
In addition, a generous $20,000 grant from the Wolpoff Family Foundation is allowing Suburban Hospital to expand its successful HeartWell cardiovascular wellness initiative to additional county community centers, ensuring broader outreach to at-risk residents dealing with cardiac disease. The funding will also enable the launch of “HeartWell in Action – Know Your Numbers,” an interactive health promotion campaign designed to increase participants’ knowledge of modifiable risk factors, such as hypertension, high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, smoking, inactivity and stress management.
To learn more about other ways that generous philanthropy is improving patient care or to add your support, please visit the Foundation Web site at or call 301-896-3971.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Stroke: Signs and Symptoms
- National Doctors’ Day
- Fueled by Philanthropy
- News in Brief: New Programs, Services and Information
- Suburban Gave Me My Life Back
- Save the date! SHOWCASE 2012
- Noteworthy! Suburban’s Schultz Recognized by Washingtonian Magazine
- Noteworthy! June Marlin Falb Joins Suburban as Vice President of Development
- Seeing Hospitals Through Seniors’ Eyes
- Suburban Hospital Breast Center Awarded Full Accreditation by the NAPBC
- Remodeled Sleep Center Rooms Invite a Good Night’s Rest
- Donor Funds Improve Patient Comfort, Expand Outreach
- Why Suburban?
- Noteworthy! Best Emergency Department!
- New Video Interviews
- NIH Stroke Center at Suburban Hospital
- President’s Message
- Auxiliary Tea and Silent Auction
- Suburban Hospital Joint Replacement Center: Successful Outcomes Are Par for the Course
- Medicine for Public 2012 Free Lecture Series