I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Fall 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - President’s Message
New Directions Fall 2013
Date: September 1, 2013
Gene E. Green, MD
In addition to our highly engaged and dedicated staff, what truly sets Suburban Hospital apart is its relationship with the National Institutes of Health for translational research. Suburban is the only hospital in the world located across the street from the NIH main biomedical research campus. This geographic proximity gives Suburban a unique role in the NIH intramural research program, providing the local community with round-the-clock access to the most advanced diagnostic and treatment protocols for stroke (National Institute for Neurological Disorders and Stroke), as well as heart attack and cardiac surgery (National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute).
Recently, Suburban Hospital partnered with the NIH Clinical Center, the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, and the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences in Bethesda on a research protocol for traumatic brain injuries. As the designated trauma center for Montgomery County, Suburban treats many head-injury patients who are eligible to participate. This research is expected to help injured veterans as well as civilians, including athletes young and old.
In this issue of New Directions, we invite you to learn more about this initiative from the perspective of a patient and the scientists who are working together to advance medicine and improve the lives of many.
Gene E. Green, M.D.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Neurosurgeon, Quoc-Anh Thai, M.D., FAANS, FACS, Joins Johns Hopkins
- President’s Message
- When Combat Veteran Is Thrown a Curveball Unique Research Collaboration for Traumatic Brain Injury Comes to the Rescue
- JHCP Heart Care Will Open Two New Locations
- About Suburban Hospital’s Joint Replacement Center
- Audiologist Joins Practice
- Festival Marks 10 Years of Pediatrics at Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Liver and Biliary Disease Specialist Now in Bethesda
- $500,000 Gift to Support Infusion Services
- Key To The Cure
- Home Sleep Studies Available
- A Clear Vision for Suburban Hospital Surgery Center
- U.S. News & World Report Rankings Announced
- Consumer Reports: Suburban Hospital One of the Best Hospitals for Surgery in Maryland/DC Region
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Seeks New Members
- $2.5M Bender Foundation Gift to Support Campus Enhancement, Nursing and Emergency/Trauma Care
- Free Varicose Vein Screenings
- Suburban Hospital Auxiliary Celebrates 70 Years of Service