I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Fall 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - Festival Marks 10 Years of Pediatrics at Suburban Hospital
New Directions Fall 2013
Festival Marks 10 Years of Pediatrics at Suburban Hospital
Date: September 1, 2013
Generous hospital benefactor William J. Shaw and his wife, Diane, enjoyed the festival with their children and grandchildren.
More than 500 local residents helped celebrate the 10th anniversary of Suburban Hospital’s Pediatric Emergency Center with the “Ready, Set, Grow!” Pediatrics Festival. The festival also celebrated a generous $1M gift from the William J. Shaw Family Foundation to enhance Suburban’s emergency services and pediatric care.
During the festival, the Pediatric Unit was rededicated as the Shaw Family Pediatric Emergency Center at Suburban Hospital. “Suburban Hospital has been an important resource for our family over the years,” explained Mr. Shaw. “We are honored to support the Pediatric Emergency Center to help ensure the highest-quality care for families throughout the community, now and into the future.”
The donation will provide modern renovations and two additional inpatient rooms in the Pediatric Emergency Center.
“Thanks to the Shaw Family Foundation, the Pediatric Emergency Center will add state-of-the-art technology and provide its patients with even more streamlined care,” said Dr. Reitman, medical director of the Shaw Family Pediatric Emergency Center.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Neurosurgeon, Quoc-Anh Thai, M.D., FAANS, FACS, Joins Johns Hopkins
- President’s Message
- When Combat Veteran Is Thrown a Curveball Unique Research Collaboration for Traumatic Brain Injury Comes to the Rescue
- JHCP Heart Care Will Open Two New Locations
- About Suburban Hospital’s Joint Replacement Center
- Audiologist Joins Practice
- Festival Marks 10 Years of Pediatrics at Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Liver and Biliary Disease Specialist Now in Bethesda
- $500,000 Gift to Support Infusion Services
- Key To The Cure
- Home Sleep Studies Available
- A Clear Vision for Suburban Hospital Surgery Center
- U.S. News & World Report Rankings Announced
- Consumer Reports: Suburban Hospital One of the Best Hospitals for Surgery in Maryland/DC Region
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Seeks New Members
- $2.5M Bender Foundation Gift to Support Campus Enhancement, Nursing and Emergency/Trauma Care
- Free Varicose Vein Screenings
- Suburban Hospital Auxiliary Celebrates 70 Years of Service