I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Home > News and Publications > JHM Publications > Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban > New Directions Fall 2013
Johns Hopkins Medicine Suburban - $2.5M Bender Foundation Gift to Support Campus Enhancement, Nursing and Emergency/Trauma Care
New Directions Fall 2013
$2.5M Bender Foundation Gift to Support Campus Enhancement, Nursing and Emergency/Trauma Care
Date: September 1, 2013
Sondra and Howard Bender
The Suburban Hospital Foundation has received a $2.5M charitable gift from the Bender Foundation. The donation will serve as a leadership gift for the hospital’s upcoming campus enhancement project, while also directly impacting nursing and emergency/trauma care. The funding will establish the Sondra D. Bender Fund for Nursing Excellence, in memory of Sondra Bender who passed away last year, as well as dedicate the state-of-the-art Sondra & Howard Bender Emergency/Trauma Center.
“We are so honored to be the beneficiary of the Bender family’s incredible generosity,” said COO Jacky Schultz. “Their ongoing commitment of funding over the years has made a lasting impact on the care of our patients. With this latest gift, they will help us look to the future and embrace the very best that medicine has to offer.” According to Julie Bender Silver and her husband David Silver, who currently serves as chair of the Suburban Hospital Board of Trustees, this gift is very meaningful for the entire family, as it provides an opportunity to honor their parents’ commitment to philanthropy.
“It is our pleasure and duty to help ensure that our community hospital continues on the outstanding path that it is on,” she said. “We look forward to continuing to work with the hospital and our community to help create the very best Suburban ever.” As the most significant gift of the year, The Bender Foundation’s pledge also allowed the Suburban Hospital Foundation to exceed its $6M annual goal. Additional gifts from more than 2,000 individual donors and organizations are also helping to fund advancements in oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, behavioral health, nursing and interventional radiology, as well as supporting community health and wellness and other targeted outreach initiatives such as the patient navigator program.
Add your support! | For more information about making a donation, please visit Ways to Give or call 301-896-3971.
Articles in this Issue
Inside this Issue
- Neurosurgeon, Quoc-Anh Thai, M.D., FAANS, FACS, Joins Johns Hopkins
- President’s Message
- When Combat Veteran Is Thrown a Curveball Unique Research Collaboration for Traumatic Brain Injury Comes to the Rescue
- JHCP Heart Care Will Open Two New Locations
- About Suburban Hospital’s Joint Replacement Center
- Audiologist Joins Practice
- Festival Marks 10 Years of Pediatrics at Suburban Hospital
- Johns Hopkins Liver and Biliary Disease Specialist Now in Bethesda
- $500,000 Gift to Support Infusion Services
- Key To The Cure
- Home Sleep Studies Available
- A Clear Vision for Suburban Hospital Surgery Center
- U.S. News & World Report Rankings Announced
- Consumer Reports: Suburban Hospital One of the Best Hospitals for Surgery in Maryland/DC Region
- Patient and Family Advisory Council Seeks New Members
- $2.5M Bender Foundation Gift to Support Campus Enhancement, Nursing and Emergency/Trauma Care
- Free Varicose Vein Screenings
- Suburban Hospital Auxiliary Celebrates 70 Years of Service