I Want To...
I Want To...
Find Research Faculty
Enter the last name, specialty or keyword for your search below.
School of Medicine
I Want to...
Olympics-Related Health Experts Available - 08/08/2016
Olympics-Related Health Experts Available
Release Date: August 8, 2016
Our experts are available to comment on the science behind the Olympic games — from infectious diseases like Zika, to sports injuries, to the neuroscience of choking under pressure — we’ve got you covered! #TeamUSA
- Topics: Zika virus, dengue virus, H1N1 virus, MRSA, other antibiotic-resistant bacteria
- Lisa Maragakis on Zika Virus: What You Need to Know (video)
- Topic: Zika virus
- Dr. Sheffield currently serves as an advisor to the CDC on the topic of Zika virus.
- Meet Jeanne Sheffield (video)
- Topic: orthopaedic injuries requiring surgery
- Dr. Cosgarea was the team physician for the Baltimore Orioles from 2000-2010.
- Meet Andrew Cosgarea (video)
- Topic: non-surgical sports injuries
- Meet Sameer Dixit (video)
- Topic: preparing athletes for the Olympics
- Meet Pablo Celnik (video)
- Topics: choking under pressure (press release)
- Topics: performance enhancing drugs, human growth hormone
- Meet Roberto Salvatori (video)
- Topic: erythropoietin
- Topic: diuretics
- Topics: dehydration, diarrheal diseases
- Meet Linda Lee (video)
- Topic: travel-related GI illness